Mechanical Design Engineer
The attributes of a successful candidate include strong mathematical aptitude, ability to manage multiple projects, excellent computer skills, and a Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree or equivalent four year degree.
The key responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain technical relationships with customers. Daily responsibilities include the use of Solid Edge CAD software to create drawings for customer quotes and orders, to create drawings for in-house assembly, and to assist our inside sales staff to fully develop project details throughout the quoting and sales process. Typical projects include safety guards, linear profiles, and machine enclosures.
Experience & Education:
• Requires a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Requires 3-5 years of engineering experience
• 3D CAD Modeling, preferred Solid Edge or Solid Works, Inventor software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent communication skills with non-technical staff and customers
• Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative
• Ability to work independent as well as within a collaborative environment
• Motivated to travel for customer in house presentations as well to trade shows
item North America is the industry leader in technical design, utilizing structural aluminum and modular components in factory automation, manufacturing and assembly operation processes. Our company offers a comprehensive benefit plan and competitive compensation. Extensive training will be offered on a complex product line.